The whole text of this Agreement, as well as any documents derived from it, have been written in English, and is therefore considered to be the only authentic text for all legal effects.
Platform Connects Challenge Competitors and Sponsors.The Company allows users to participate in challenges/contests in exchange for prizes (“Competitions”). Terms and Conditions for current Competitions are available at [URL] and are incorporated herein.
Use of the Platform
Micropredictions reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Site, and any service or material it provides on the Site, in its sole discretion without notice. Micropredictions will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, Micropredictions may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to users, including registered users.
Third-Party Materials. As a part of the Platform, you may have access to materials that are hosted by another party. You agree that it is impossible for Microprediction to monitor such materials and that you access these materials at your own risk.
The PlatformExcept with respect to your content and Other User content, you agree that Micropredictions and its suppliers own all rights, title and interest in the Platform (including, but not limited to, any computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogue, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audiovisual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, and documentation). Micropredictions’ content and Site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Micropredictions You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Platform. Except with respect to your content, you agree that you have no right or title in or to any content that appears on or in the Platform. Trademarks. Micropredictions’ and other related graphics, logos, service marks and trade names used on or in connection with the Platform are the trademarks of Micropredictions and may not be used without permission in connection with any third-party products or services. Other trademarks, service marks and trade names that may appear on or in the Platform are the property of their respective owners. Your Content. Micropredictions does not claim ownership of your content. However, when you post, publish, or upload your content on or in the Platform, you represent that you own and/or have a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, derive revenue or other remuneration from, and communicate to the public, perform and display your content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any worldwide intellectual property right that may exist in your content. You hereby grant Micropredictions a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, and publicly display, your content (in whole or in part) for the purposes of operating and providing the Platform to you and to our other Users, and related marketing and promotional activities. You warrant that the holder of any worldwide intellectual property right, including moral rights, in your content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. Feedback. You agree that submission of any ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals to Micropredictions through its suggestion, feedback, wiki, forum or similar pages (“Feedback”) is at your own risk and that Micropredictions has no obligations (including without limitation obligations of confidentiality) with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback. You hereby grant to Micropredictions a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, and fully sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, adapt, modify, re-format, create derivative works of, and otherwise commercially or non-commercially exploit in any manner, any and all Feedback, and to sublicense the foregoing rights, in connection with the operation and maintenance of the Platform.
User Conduct. While using or accessing the Platform you agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
- Breach or circumvent any laws, third party rights or our systems, policies, or determinations of your Account status;
- Interfere with or damage the Platform, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information, or similar methods or technology;
- Interfere with the activities of other users;
- Post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory or libelous content;
- Take any action that may undermine or circumvent the rules of a Challenge; interfere with the working of the Platform, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- Use the Platform to collect, harvest, transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs of others without their permission, personal contact information or credit, debit, calling card or account numbers; or
- Post any content that (i) is unlawful, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (iv) is violent or threatening, or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (v) promotes illegal or harmful activities.
Disclaimer of WarrantiesTHE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES. WE DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF THIS INFORMATION. ANY RELIANCE YOU PLACE ON SUCH INFORMATION IS STRICTLY AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY ARISING FROM ANY RELIANCE PLACED ON SUCH MATERIALS BY YOU OR ANY OTHER VISITOR TO THE SITE, OR BY ANYONE WHO MAY BE INFORMED OF ANY OF ITS CONTENTS. INFORMATION ON THE SITE MAY CONTAIN TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. ALL INFORMATION IS PROVIDED BY MICROPREDICTIONS ON AN “AS IS” BASIS ONLY. MICROPREDICTIONS PROVIDES NO REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, UNLESS SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ARE NOT LEGALLY EXCLUDABLE. USE OF THE SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK. MICROPREDICTIONS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; AND (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, INFORMATION, OR OTHER SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE, RELATED SERVICES, OR CONTENT IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW. MICROPREDICTIONS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INFORMATION NOT PROVIDED ON THE SITE. MICROPREDICTIONS DOES NOT GUARANTEE, IMPLICITLY OR EXPLICITLY, ANY RESULTS. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM COMPANY OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND USE. Micropredictions makes no warranty, representation or condition with respect to Competitions, including but not limited to, the quality, effectiveness, reputation and other characteristics of Competitions, or with respect to any prizes to be provided in connection with any Competitions.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from Micropredictions or through the platform will create any warranty not expressly made herein.
- No Liability for Conduct of Third Parties. You acknowledge and agree that the Micropredictions Parties are not liable, and you agree not to seek to hold the Micropredictions Parties liable, for the conduct of third parties, including operators of external sites, and that the risk of injury from such third parties rests entirely with you.
- No Liability for Conduct of Other Users. You are solely responsible for any and all of your communications and interactions with other users of the platform. You understand that the Micropredictions Parties do not make any attempt to verify the statements of users of the Platform. The Micropredictions Parties make no representations or warranties as to the conduct of users of the Platform. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all communications and interactions with other users of the Platform.
Claims of Copyright InfringementIt is Micropredictions’ policy to terminate the privileges of any User who repeatedly infringes copyright upon prompt notification to Micropredictions by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Platform in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (1) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) a description of the location on the Platform of the material that you claim is infringing; (4) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (5) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (6) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Contact information for Micropredictions’ Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is as follows: email@example.com
Limitation of LiabilityYOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT MICROPREDICTIONS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUES, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICE RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION, OR SERVICE PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICES. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT MICROPREDICTIONS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, ACCESS DELAYS, OR ACCESS INTERRUPTIONS TO THE SITE OR SERVICES, DATA NON-DELIVERY, MIS-DELIVERY, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION OR OTHER MODIFICATION, AND EVENTS BEYOND MICROPREDICTIONS’S REASONABLE CONTROL. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE MICROPREDICTIONS PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM.IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE FINANCIALLY LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE MICROPREDICTIONS PARTIES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIMELINESS, DELETION, MIS-DELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY CONTENT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, YOUR CONTENT AND USER CONTENT), USER COMMUNICATIONS OR PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS.
- Delete any of your content provided by you or your agent(s) to the Platform;
- Discontinue your registration(s) with any of the Platform, including any Competitions or any Micropredictions community;
- Notify and/or send content to and/or fully cooperate with the proper law enforcement authorities for further action; and/or
- Pursue any other action that Micropredictions deems to be appropriate.
- Force Majeure. Micropredictions shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, epidemics, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
- Questions, Complaints, Claims. If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to the Platform, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your concerns have been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
- Limitations Period. You and Micropredictions agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the Terms of se, the Platform or any challenge must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
Notice Requirement and Informal Dispute Resolution.Before either party may seek arbitration, the party must first send to the other party a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) describing the nature and basis of the claim or dispute, and the requested relief. A Notice to Micropredictions should be sent to: Micropredictions, LLC, 200 S. Australian Ave, Suite 1800, West Palm Beach, FL 33401, USA. After the Notice is received, you and Micropredictions may attempt to resolve the claim or dispute informally. If you and Micropredictions do not resolve the claim or dispute within thirty (30) days after the Notice is received, either party may begin an arbitration proceeding. The amount of any settlement offer made by any party may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator has determined the amount of the award, if any, to which either party is entitled.
- Additional Rules for Non-Appearance Based Arbitration. If non-appearance based arbitration is elected, the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or based solely on written submissions; the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration. The arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise agreed by the parties.
- Time Limits. If you or Micropredictions pursue arbitration, the arbitration action must be initiated and/or demanded within the statute of limitations (i.e., the legal deadline for filing a claim) and within any deadline imposed under the AAA Rules for the pertinent claim.
- Waiver of Jury Trial. The parties hereby waive their constitutional and statutory rights to go to court and have a trial in front of a judge or a jury, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this arbitration agreement. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient and less costly than rules applicable in a court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In the event any litigation should arise between you and Micropredictions in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, you and Micropredictions waive all rights to a jury trial, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge.
- Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions All claims and disputes within the scope of this arbitration agreement must be arbitrated or litigated on an individual basis and not on a class basis, and claims of more than one customer or user cannot be arbitrated or litigated joinly or consolidated with those of any other customer or user.
- Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, including, but not limited to the award of the arbitrator and compliance therewith, shall be strictly confidential. The parties agree to maintain confidentiality unless otherwise required by law. This paragraph shall not prevent a party from submitting to a court of law any information necessary to enforce this Agreement, to enforce an arbitration award, or to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
- Severability. If any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Right to Waive. Any or all of the rights and limitations set forth in this Arbitration Agreement may be waived by the party against whom the claim is asserted. Such waiver shall not waive or affect any other portion of this Arbitration Agreement.
- Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Micropredictions. Small Claims Court. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or Micropredictions may bring an individual action in small claims court.
- Emergency Equitable Relief. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before a state or federal court in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of any other rights or obligations under this Arbitration Agreement.
- Claims Not Subject to Arbitration. Notwithstanding the foregoing, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark or trade secrets shall not be subject to this Arbitration Agreement.
- Courts. In any circumstances where the foregoing Arbitration Agreement permits the parties to litigate in court, the parties hereby agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Santa Clara County for such purpose.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.